This is the most beautiful thing I've read in a long time. Maybe I'll be back when I can write something coherent about it but for now, it's just beautiful and criminally underhyped. I can't wait for what comes next! 💛
/ / summary / /
lost birds is a story about revenge and survival after the apocalypse, set in a bleak and distant future where everything that could go wrong, has.
the end of the world wasn't too bad. a flash of light, a searing heat, the taste of metal in your mouth. you woke to a scorched plain, to skies as black as the soil, to the first rain you had seen in years.
you were not the only one to survive. the wilds have come alive again, stranger and more beautiful than ever. the people have come alive again, rebuilding on the frontiers, escaping the few cities left unscathed.
you find yourself an outsider amongst outsiders, a desperate seeker, searching for something lost to time and memory. a past hidden away from prying eyes, a future that relies on answers to a question you cannot ask. the promise of information brings you to a city sunken into the earth, secrets, treasure, buried in the catacombs below. your journey begins and ends there. betrayed, dying with a question on your lips.
dying wasn't too bad. a fading of the light, a bitter coldness, the taste of blood in your mouth. waking up, however, was as unpleasant as it was unexpected.
/ / current version / /
- Complete through Part 1 of Chapter 1, brief teaser of Part 2 added. Roughly 60.8k words.
- An introduction to the apocalypse, and a quiet town called Hope.
- Character creator- customize the Ranger's gender and name.
- Four different perspectives- a dead-dying ranger, tangible ghost, a dead-now-living hunter, and a vengeance-driven gunslinger.
- 2/9 short stories, accessed through the menu.
/ / features / /
- Semi-customizable MC: choose your gender and personality, make impactful choices.
- A beautiful, surreal, and often dangerous new world to explore.
- Interwoven narratives, and a non-linear story. Death is not the end, but the beginning.
- Multiple perspectives- from a pair of lonely radio operators to an almost-but-not-quite human who haunts the ruins to a vengeful gunslinger. They each have a story to tell.
- Five main companions, and one optional companion.
/ / credits / /
Written and coded by 30x30
/ / links / /